Junior squash includes all squash activities for players who are under the age of nineteen. There is a tremendous amount of programming and opportunity for players of all ages and abilities to start playing or otherwise participate at hundreds of facilities across the United States.
Promoting an active lifestyle for children is incredibly important for general health, and participating in organized youth sport, such as squash, is proven to have many long lasting, positive benefits on the all-around development of a child. Among the documented benefits are:
- Physical Health: improved motor skills and coordination, promotes active lifestyle, improved physical fitness, reduced rates of obesity, builds healthy habits which carry over into adulthood.
- Mental Health: improved concentration, increases confidence and self-esteem, reduced rates of anxiety and depression.
- Educational Pursuits: improved academic achievement, higher likelihood of attending and graduating college
- Life Skills: teaches discipline and dedication, time management, work ethic, managing difficult situations.
- Social Skills: offers structured activities, provides opportunity to meet new people.