About US Squash
US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in New York City, it is a member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the Pan American Squash Federation and the World Squash Federation.
OUR CORE VALUES
US Squash's Vision
US Squash’s vision is to be the best national sports governing body in the United States. In pursuing this aspiration, we envision people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds across the country enjoying squash, playing the game with a positive spirit, and participating in programs that foster camaraderie, facilitate competition and encourage healthy lifestyles. We create and promote opportunities to become part of an ever-broadening squash community, one widely known to value excellence, diversity, fair-play and sportsmanship. We continually invest in the development of the sport to sustain growth, broaden access, and we embrace innovation. We support teaching professionals and coaches in their effort to engage and mentor players during their lifelong involvement in the sport. We operate the world’s preeminent squash facility serving as a national center of excellence and provide all the resources required to train and coach elite athletes who excel in competition and proudly represent their country.
What we do
US Squash serves as the sport’s officially designated national governing body and its most forceful advocate. In that role, we:
- Create, model, and advocate for initiates that increase access to the sport for all ages, abilities, races and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Grow programs that encourage communities and players countrywide to enjoy squash, play the sport with a positive spirit, and participate in programs that foster camaraderie, facilitate competition and encourage healthy lifestyles
- Invest in the necessary infrastructure to support the growth and development of the sport
- Select, organize and fund all Team USA Squash competition internationally
- Provide direct financial support to the best American athletes
- Ensure the availability of training, development, certification and continuing educational opportunities
- Recognize leaders in the community who demonstrate the qualities the sport values, and
- Honor the game’s special history.