Before a tournament begins, tournament directors are responsible for:
- Updating the tournament information page with relevant information regarding the tournament.
- Forward any tournament policy related questions from players or parents to US Squash tournament support.
- Answer any questions asked about the tournament as it pertains to facility related matters (getting to the courts, parking, hotels, food options, practice courts, etc.).
- Communicate any local or venue related information to the players.
- Arrange and order appropriate tournament gifts for all players to be distributed at tournament check-in.
- Arrange and order food & beverage as necessary
- Arrange and order trophies as necessary
- Schedule the draws which have been created by US Squash – please note that US Squash offers to schedule all tournaments.
Before the tournament begins, the US Squash tournaments team will also be working very closely with the tournament director for each event. To that end, the US Squash tournaments team will be responsible for:
- Player entry management – accept entries and process both player withdrawals and player change requests.
- Create the cutlist at the regular registration deadline if necessary
- Email tournament participants at regular intervals – cutlist created, entry closed, player start times, draws available.
- Answer policy related questions received from players and family members.
- Create online draws.
- Seed online draws.
- Schedule online draws if requested by tournament director
- Work closely with tournament director to answer any questions and to make sure all details are finalized before the tournament begins.
Withdraw and Division Change Requests
Players may withdraw from or change divisions from these tournaments by accessing either their player profiles or from the entrants list on the tournament information page.
In order to submit a Withdraw or Division Change Request, a player must be logged into their account and then select “Withdraw/Change Division” next to their upcoming tournament. Players will have the option of selecting “Request Change Division” or to “Request Withdraw/Refund.” Sending a request will not automatically push a request through; any Withdraw and Divisions Change Request must be approved by the Tournament Director.
Players must read through the policies surrounding withdraws and refunds before they are able to submit the request. After a request has been made, a Tournament Director can review pending requests and may either approve or deny the request based on US Squash Policies. Player requests will all be time stamped and Tournament Directors will automatically know if a player will receive a rankings penalty, qualify for a refund, or can switch divisions.
We recommend using a new ball on every court every 2.5 hours. General formula for the number of balls needed for a tournament: (hours of expected play * number of courts)/2.5.
It is recommended that a tournament provides a racket stringing service.