Note that the points based junior tournament system is currently suspended.
Junior accredited events go by age group only, and affect a players’ ranking based on the age group that they choose to compete in. All players have to be age eligible through the last day of the tournament. All junior squash tournaments age divisions are: U11, U13, U15, U17, U19. These age groups are based on a player being under the age group, e.g. Under 11 would mean the day a player turns 11 they are no longer eligible to compete in the under 11 division. Junior Events are the most complex of the three tournament categories to run. If you would like to become a junior tournament director, it is important that you complete the training and understand the details outlined in the Junior Tournament Director section.
This system is currently suspended.
The ratings based junior tournament framework is intended to provide competitive play for all players crossing age groups and genders. Events will be based on geographical area, starting small for players within a facility and gradually increasing in size to support play on a Facility, District, State or Regional level.
Divisions offered per event will be dependent on the tournament director. Options include:-
- Based on age: U11, U13, U15, U17, and U19
- Based on rating: U2.5, U3.0, U3.5, U4.0, U4.5, U5.0, U5.5, 5.5+
- Both types offer options for both single sex and co-ed divisions
Entry is limited to players under the age of 19 whether divisions are age or rating based.
- Depends on Local or State Government gathering capacity.
- For a one day tournament, max players = number of hours of play multiplied by number of courts, assuming a 2 match maximum
- 1 day event, 1 court per 8 players
- 2 day event, 1 court per 10-12 players
- Regular Registration Deadline: closes at 12:00pm (in the time zone of the tournament) on the Monday the week of the event.
- Tournament Close Date: division sizes lock and registration closes at 12:00pm (noon) in the time zone of the tournament on the Wednesday the week of the tournament.
- Late Withdrawal deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) in the time zone of the tournament on the Monday prior the start of the tournament.
- Player start times will be released upon release of the full online draws by 5:00pm Wednesday in the time zone of the tournament
- Online draws will be available by 5:00pm in the time zone of the tournament on the Wednesday before the start of the tournament
- The waitlist will officially close at 12:00pm NOON (in the time zone of the tournament) 24 hours before the tournament starts. Once the waitlist closes, no player will be moved to the main draw, regardless of last-minute withdrawals. Once the waitlist closes, players who did not gain entry into the tournament will be withdrawn and issued a refund.