St. George’s School blends the strong traditions of its past with a bold vision for the future: to prepare young people in a journey of joy and discovery to lead “lives of constructive service to the world.” Located on a 125- acre campus overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, St. George’s is home to 370 boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12. Founded in 1896 as an Episcopal boarding school by the Rev. John Byron Diman, the school lives firmly in the 21st century, with state-of-the-art academic and athletic facilities. A community drawn from a wide range of traditions and backgrounds in the U.S. and around the world, St. George’s extends opportunities for teachers and students to deepen their skills, find new passions and discover their best selves. With a faculty committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for intellectual, social and personal development, St. George’s continues to fulfill its mission through enrolling a diverse, academically talented, and well- rounded student body. We invite you to learn more about St George’s School and its history, mission, innovative curricular programs and academic offerings by visiting the school’s website at www.stgeorges.edu.
Job Description: Director of Squash/teacher Date: January, 2024
Reports to: Athletic Director and the appropriate administrator for teaching or additional responsibilities
Job Summary: St. George’s School seeks a driven, committed, and dynamic Director of Squash beginning in the 2024-2025 academic year. Previous coaching and/or collegiate playing experience strongly preferred. The most competitive candidates will be able to contribute significantly to other aspects of school life, as a classroom teacher, administrator, or staff member.
A member of the prestigious Independent School League and New England Prep School Athletic Council, St. George’s welcomes candidates who embrace the league’s ideals of “integrity, sportsmanship, and leadership” and those who embody the philosophy that athletics routinely serves as an extension of the traditional educational experience in the classroom. The Director will oversee the training, conditioning and performance of the boys’ and girls’ varsity squash program. The Director will help guide prospective students and families applying to St. George’s and support current student-athletes in their college application process. Candidates must possess the skills and expertise to help advance the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan as well.
- Lead all aspects of coordinating and maintaining a competitive ISL/NEPSAC squash
- Participate fully and energetically in the academic, afternoon, and residential programs of the school.
- Direct the training, conditioning and performance of the boys’ and girls’ varsity squash program Monday through Saturday during the Practices are typically in the late afternoon.
- Lead both the junior varsity and 3rd team coaches and collaborate on topics of technique, training plans and player placement and development throughout the season.
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation for the values of athletics, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and sense of pride in self, team and school community.
- Work together with the athletic director in the development of the team schedule, budget and coaching needs of the squash program.
- Work both with the Admission Office in recruiting and identifying applicants to the school and the College Counseling office in support of current athletes and their college
Skills and Qualifications:
- A dedication to teach, lead and motivate student-
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and communication
- Demonstrated strength as a player and/or coach at the collegiate
- A sense of humor, warmth, and a willingness to bring joy to the
- A commitment to professional and personal
- Master’s degree in a related field
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. George’s School is an equal opportunity employer.