Title: US Squash Advancement and Marketing Fall 2023 Internship
Department: Advancement and Marketing
Reports to: VP, Advancement and Director of Communications
US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Philadelphia, it is a member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the Pan American Squash Federation and the World Squash Federation. US Squash is the only sport national governing body located in Philadelphia.
US Squash continually invests in the development of the sport to sustain growth, broaden access, and embrace innovation. The organization supports teaching professionals and coaches in their effort to engage and mentor players during their lifelong involvement in the sport. US Squash has recently completed construction of the world’s preeminent squash facility, the new Arlen Specter US Squash Center in Philadelphia. The Headquarters for US Squash, the Specter Center serves as a national center of excellence providing the resources to train the women and men of Team USA. The Center is the home of National Community Squash Initiative and will be the host site for the sport’s largest junior, collegiate, urban youth and professional squash championships.
This role will serve as a key member of both the US Squash Advancement and Marketing teams from September 2023 through December 2023, performing a range of duties across the fundraising, marketing, event, advertisement, content creation, and communication space. Specific roles and responsibilities for this internship include:
- Develop content for fundraising and marketing on behalf of US Squash and the Specter Center
- Content will be needed for social media, email, print, and web
- May also include video content, photography content, and graphic design
- Provide marketing and promotional support of US Squash tournaments and events
- Aggregate and document digital marketing assets
- Assist the Advancement Manager and Sponsorship Manager on day-to-day fundraising responsibilities
- Content scheduling on advancement channels
- Daily gift processing
- Sponsorship pitch decks and pipelines
- Update donor records in our CRM
- Process weekly acknowledgements and stewardship
- Assist in all levels with the 2023 U.S. Open Squash Championship (Every day/evening October 7th through October 14th)
- Create and manage invitations and marketing materials
- Assist with event communications
- Assist in coordinating catering, rentals, and other logistics
- Prepare event-related materials such as name tags, registration lists, and fliers
- Assist with advertising sales and fulfillment tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends from October 7th through October 14th for the U.S. Open Squash Championships
- Organized and detail-oriented person who can work in fast-paced environment
- Preferred experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Canva
- Preferred experience with video editing software
- Preferred experience with MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar email platforms
- Openness to get on court and learn how to play squash!
The role is based at US Squash’s Headquarters at the Arlen Specter US Squash Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Expectancy to work 20 hours per week within normal working hours (Mon – Fri, 9am to 5pm), as well as all afternoons and evenings from October 7th through 14th for the U.S. Open. Schedule to be determined with VP, Advancement. Some opportunities for remote work may arise.
Interested in applying? Please send resume to Nick Kokiko, VP Advancement for US Squash, at firstname.lastname@example.org.