Toledo Club and Athletic Department Overview
Located in the heart of resurgent downtown Toledo, the Toledo Club, in operation since 1889, is widely recognized as the premier private athletic club in Northwest Ohio. As one of the most beautiful and impressive City Clubs in the US, The Toledo Club displays architectural splendor and historical significance inside and out.
The Toledo Club is integral to the Toledo business, social and athletic communities. It is located within a half mile of the downtown city center featuring a growing business district, concert venues, convention center and two minor league sports teams (baseball & hockey). The club is also located with easy access to the Toledo Museum of Art and the renowned Toledo Zoo. Toledo is a great place to live and raise a family, with low cost of living and thriving suburban communities.
The Toledo Club’s current membership is approximately 450 members, 200 of which take part in the well-established and impressively active Toledo Club squash program. The squash program supports competitive leagues comprised of all skill levels as well as a variety of squash tournaments and events per season.
The steady growth of engagement and participation in the Toledo Club squash community has been built through a consistent high level of energy, enthusiasm and socially approachable competition. While the program is well established, it requires an organized, disciplined, determined and charismatic individual who is willing to carry-on and grow the passionate culture that has allowed Toledo Club squash to rival and surpass programs in larger cities. This individual will have the support of a strong squash community, an athletic committee as well as a squash committee made up of invested members.
He/she will be expected to manage, direct and enhance the already established Winter and Summer leagues, various tournaments/events, and the junior squash program. He/she will also operate the squash pro shop and provide squash lessons to Toledo Club members. The Toledo Club Squash Director will be the public representation of the Toledo Club Squash program. An enthusiasm for squash, Toledo and Toledo Club Squash, will be critical components to promoting and building our program regionally.
- Developed Communication Skills and Approachability- ability to communicate comfortably, patiently and consistently with membership
- Motivational Energy Fostering Growth and Engagement- coach members to improve their games. Create an enthusiasm around growth and love of the program
- Managerial and Administrative Competence- ability to organize and manage the league schedule, season calendar, committee meeting schedules, lead staff meetings and coordinate necessary maintenance tasks.
- Pro-Shop Ownership – order merchandise, manage inventory, facilitate member restrings in timely manner etc.
- 12- month salary based on experience and level of responsibility assumed
- 100% proceeds garnered by teaching lessons, clinics and camps
- 100% proceeds from Pro-shop operations
- Standard Benefits including vacation time and health insurance
Qualified Candidates should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and resume
- Professional and personal references – upon request
- July 31st, 2023
Green card or work permit is mandatory if applying internationally.