Phillips Academy is seeking a Head Coach for our varsity squash program. Typical responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees all aspects of the girls’ squash program at Phillips Academy starting in late November and continuing through the end of February.
- Plans and executes 100-minute team practices – typically Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday throughout the season.
- Coaches in all matches, home and away, typically on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Coaching responsibilities include overseeing multi-day/overnight events: NEPSAC championship weekend and Squash Nationals during late February.
- Stays current in and expands knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Partners with college counseling office to assist student-athletes who aspire to collegiate athletics.
- Engages with prospective student-athletes and their families including being responsive to prospective student inquiries as well as participate in admission open house forums and re-visit admission program.
- Models and ensures diversity and cultural competency (respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing, and welcoming cultural differences) in all position responsibilities regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, social class, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, age, language, or origin.
The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ experience coaching in high school or college setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to positively motivate, inspire and be role model to students, in and out of water.
- Be able to communicate effectively with groups and/or individuals, and engage with peers, the public, students, and parents in a positive, empathetic, and professional manner.
- Squash playing experience at high school, college or higher level.
- Ability and willingness to manage a Monday-Saturday practice/game schedule which includes travel to away opponents.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and one-page statement articulating coaching philosophy and/or vision for a squash program.
This position is not eligible for benefits except those required by law.
Phillips Academy requires that all student-facing faculty, staff, and administrators, subject to disability and religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, be up to date with their COVID vaccination, which includes any boosters that have been added to meet the CDC definition of up to date which now includes the new bivalent booster.
Phillips Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Interested candidates may apply online here.