For the 2022/2023 interscholastic season the Conestoga Boys Squash Team finished the year as the highest ranked public school program. At the end of the season the team’s head coach decided fifteen years of coaching was enough and stepped down. The Conestoga High School Team is looking to hire a head coach to continue and build on its outstanding legacy.
Coaching responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling matches and developing practice schedules, planning out training regimens, and providing individualized instruction to athletes as they strive to reach their full potential;
- Note this includes coordinating practice & match schedules with Conestoga High School Girls Squash Head Coach
- Accompanying and coaching the team at the Interscholastic Championships (Feb 9-11, 2024) and High School Nationals (Feb 23-25, 2024);
- Communicating with parents regarding the progress of the team and answering any questions they may have about their child’s performance or behavior as it relates to the team;
- Promoting school spirit, team spirit, and cohesiveness;
- Motivating players to perform their best and work hard during practices and matches;
- Evaluating players’ performance during practices and matches and providing feedback on areas for improvement;
- Determining which players should be selected for each match based on individual performance during practices and previous challenge match results;
- Maintaining discipline within the team by setting rules, enforcing consequences for breaking rules, and addressing inappropriate conduct by players;
- Competitive background and previous experience in coaching required;
- Required school district clearances;
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter/email and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conestoga Boys Squash Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Its Board is an equal opportunity community that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.