HEAD SQUASH PROFESSIONAL
The Denver Athletic Club
The Denver Athletic Club, founded in 1884, is a historical landmark located in the heart of the city. The DAC’s Members, who number over 2,000 today, engage in athletics, conduct business, gather socially, and grow culturally at The Club.
The Denver Athletic Club seeks a motivated, energetic and personable Head Squash Professional. The individual we seek would be a gifted player and coach for adults and children of all skill levels. The Head Squash Professional would have strong communication skills as well as strong administrative and organization skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Friendly and professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to provide administrative off-court support along with the coordination of both personal teaching schedule and member communications.
- Experience working with juniors and adults of all abilities. Two years teaching experience preferred.
- Competent in evaluating and implementing appropriate skill level coaching plans.
- Hardball doubles experience essential.
- Strong communication skills with co-workers and Members is essential.
- Ability and willingness to grow their own lesson numbers and teaching schedule.
- PSA Tour or College Team playing experience.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Manage and run Squash Pro Shop.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Report to Fitness Director
- Coaches/teaches individual and group lessons, clinics, and camps for youth and adults.
- Helps organize and oversee local, regional, national, pro and junior tournaments hosted by The Denver Athletic Club
- Enforces squash rules and procedures regarding scheduling and the reservations of courts.
- Assists in planning, organizing and distributing information regarding camps, classes, clinics, etc to members.
- Provides quality service to our members while conducting him or herself in a professional manner.
- Manage Squash staff.
- Arrange games for Members.
BENEFITS and COMPENSATION
- The compensation range for this position is $100,000 – $150,000 per year. This includes base salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, teaching commissions, and Pro Shop profits.
- Health, dental, vision and long term disability insurance after 60 days
- Free shift meal
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401K Plan & employer match
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted rates in our salon
- Discounted rates for massages
- Access to our state-of-the-art fitness center
- Access to GroupX classes
Applicant must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Denver Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer.
Send Resume to: Chris Laird, Fitness Director, email@example.com
Date to apply by: Monday 5/22/2023.