Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and supervision of the Squash Department at a club. Sets the vision for Squash and leads strategies from development to execution that ultimately drive growth and profitability. Maintains the business plan and budget and ensures monthly budget goals are met. Teaches private and group squash lessons, runs tournaments, and successfully implements department brand standards, marketing, and SOPs. Understands and implements on court teaching methodologies for all levels, as well as trains and hold staff accountable to these. Manages talent through recruiting, coaching, and developing their team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and executes the vision for Squash by analyzing the business and determining areas of strength and opportunity, with the goal of improving member experience and exceeding financial budgets.
- Manages and is responsible for meeting or exceeding department monthly/annual financial goals for revenue and expenses. If applicable, ensures Squash Instructors achieve or exceed individual monthly revenue and lesson goals.
- Develops their team through quality orientations, direction, and feedback. Identifies and actively recruits new team members. Makes hiring, promotion, disciplinary, and termination recommendations to the General Manager or National Racquet Sports Director.
- Creates exceptional member experiences by developing safe, professional, and comprehensive squash lessons and programs to ensure students develop along a pathway that encourages continued involvement and a positive Net Promoter Score, by involving members with programs, tournaments and special events, and by ensuring all squash courts/equipment are clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Manages squash schedules, marketing, and program registrations and billing. Ensures all lessons/programs are booked in the Life Time court scheduling software and follow all company SOPs. Attends national calls and facilitates squash department meetings.
- Monitors, demonstrates, and instructs students during squash lessons on proper techniques, tactics and strategies to improve their overall squash game. Personally teaches a minimum of 30 hours per week (on average).
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 or more years’ experience in Squash Instruction
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Understands and utilizes Profit & Loss(P&L) management, Key Performance Indicators(KPIs), and on/off court Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs).
- Thorough knowledge of the game of squash and possesses effective teaching styles and techniques
- Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
- Comfortable working with all age groups and building positive relationships with members and team members
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- Authorized to work in the US or possesses required credentials to qualify for H-O1 Visa
- Squash Level 1 Certified- or European Equivalent
- Current Member of US Squash
- CPR and AED Certified within 30 days of hire
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
- 3 or more years’ experience in Squash Instruction
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Life Time is a place for everyone. As an organization, we are committed to an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.
To apply, please email your CV to Ali Sanaei, Life Time National Squash Lead at ASanaei@LT.Life.