HEAD SQUASH PROFESSIONAL
The Genesee Valley Club (GVC) seeks a Head Squash Professional who will bring the squash program to the next level by expanding social and competitive programs for adults, juniors, women and families. The GVC is a vibrant community of members and staff with a proud history of delivering the preeminent squash program in the city of Rochester. The Head Squash Professional will create, lead and deliver the squash program at the GVC, providing a consistently exceptional experience to members and guests and a welcoming, fun environment aligns the values of the Club.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and supervise all squash aspects of the GVC while conducting lessons and clinics
- Supervise all squash play and proper charging of fees, and rental of equipment
- Direct and promote squash clinics, special events and programs to attract and maintain members’ squash interests
- Coach juniors and adults of all ages and levels
- Coach junior players at tournaments
- Organize, promote, and provide high-level instruction (private and group) for all levels and ages of players
- Enforce club rules and regulations governing the use of the facility, its equipment and other property
- Represent the club in state or national events as time will permit
- Prepare a monthly/yearly calendar of events, including amateur and professional events drawing players from across Rochester and nationally.
- Provide input to a high-quality merchandise and retail operation in the Club’s Pro Shop, representing the desires and expectations of the members
- Coordinate with other departments to develop integrated programs
- Actively monitor the condition of the courts, facilities, and equipment, and liaise with the Sports and Wellness Director and Maintenance Manager and other departments as necessary to maintain exceptional facilities
- Provide excellent service to achieve high levels of member and guest satisfaction.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance and member interaction.
- Associate degree (AA); Bachelor’s or Masters Degree desired
- Three or more years experience as a head squash professional or assistant squash professional at a successful club or school program, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High-level competitive playing experience in college or professional squash; high skill level desired (5.5 or higher)
- Experience running junior development programs
- Willingness to assist GVC Sports and Wellness programs by assisting with other racquet sports such as tennis, paddle tennis and and pickleball.
- Frequently stands, walks, uses hands; talks and hears, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances; stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Occasionally Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds. Frequent on-court lessons, clinics, and training sessions
- University degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- The ideal candidate should have earned a college degree and possess a high level of proficiency in both playing and teaching the sport of squash
- Coaching Certification I or higher desired
- CPR, First Aid Certification
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences:
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Able to promote and teach private and group lessons
- Ability to restring, regrip and repair rackets
- Maintain high member standards
Salary and Benefits
The GVC offers a generous compensation package including salary and a benefits program that is commensurate with qualifications and experience and befitting a club of the stature and significance of the GVC.
If you are looking to lead the GVC’s Squash program and to deliver exceptional services to our membership while working with a dedicated staff, please apply by September 15, 2022. Additional applications after the deadline date will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply by contacting:
John M. Corey, General Manager/COO firstname.lastname@example.org | 585-327-4328