Salary: $80,000 to $100,000+
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Rochester NY Start Date: May 2023
Rochester Community Squash Mission
The mission of Rochester Community Squash is to foster the growth of squash as a life-long athletic pursuit providing not only a healthy activity for the Greater Rochester community, but also a safe, inclusive environment for area youth to reach their potential via educational support, squash instruction, and squash competition. Our programming espouses our commitment to inclusivity, supporting under-served youth, care for each other, and striving for excellence in the facility and programming we provide.
About the Position
Rochester Community Squash (RCS) seeks a committed Executive Director to help bring our mission to life. This includes overseeing the design, funding, and construction of our facility and program. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader who can create successful squash and educational programs, a strong fundraiser who can inspire individuals, corporations, and institutional donors to support our approach, and someone with a familiarity with existing urban squash programs. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter who will have a good amount of autonomy in shaping this transformational concept in Rochester NY.
- Serve as the face of Rochester Community Squash to garner excitement around the community for such an initiative.
- Create a business plan that includes programing (squash and educational), staffing plans, finances, marketing materials, and overall infrastructure to bring Rochester Community squash to life.
- Fundraise and build relationships with donors and local officials to fund not only the capital project of building the Rochester Community Squash facility but also operational and scholarship
- Research and submit applications for grant
- Establish community partnerships with local schools and other organizations vital to making RCS a
- Work closely with the necessary contractors, builders, and consultants to oversee the design and construction of the Rochester Community Squash facility.
- Regularly update the Rochester Community Squash advisory board on progress and ask for help as needed to ensure success.
- Passionate individual excited by the Rochester Community Squash mission
- Ability to design necessary squash and educational programs that support community transformation
- Entrepreneurial leader who is able to develop a program and community of urban squash supporters
- Business skills to manage the operational financial plan associated with this program
- Outstanding speaker, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in talking with potential donors and fundraising
- Experience in writing successful grant applications
- Self-starter who is adaptable and creative, with strong initiative
- Sensitivity to different cultures and communities with a commitment to youth development
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com