The Philadelphia Cricket Club seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Teaching Professional.
Club & Squash Program Overview
The Philadelphia Cricket Club is one of the finest private family-oriented full-service country clubs in America. As the nation’s oldest country club, PCC has a rich sporting heritage that provides preeminent recreational and social experiences for its members, their families and friends by maintaining exceptional standards in its facilities, programs, services and professional staff. The Club is situated on two campuses a short distance apart: Flourtown, featuring two 18-hole golf courses and dining; and St. Martin’s featuring cricket, paddle, golf, squash, tennis, padel, swimming and dining.
The Club enjoys one of the finest Squash programs in the region with an ultramodern squash facility featuring eight international singles courts, two doubles courts, squash offices, pro shop, fitness center, and bar/dining area. Squash programs are designed and led by our Professional Staff with guidance from a Squash Committee and Board of Governors. Programs are tailored to meet the social and competitive needs of our members and include a range of men’s, women’s, singles, doubles, adult and junior in-house programs.
Of note, many of the Club’s young players learn squash through introductory sessions and go on to compete in local, regional and national tournaments and at prestigious schools and colleges.
In 2023 the Club added Padel to our racquet sport offerings as we continue the support of the ‘all racquet sports’ initiative, building four panoramic courts adjacent to the squash facility. While not imperative for this position, an individual with ambition to learn more about and teach padel would be strongly considered. We are early adopters in our region for padel but we believe the addition of four padel courts provides our membership and professional staff with an exciting opportunity for year-round programming.
Year-round offerings include private lessons, group clinics, internal/external leagues, club championships available to beginner, intermediate and advanced players.
Competitive Hourly Rate for Clinics & Lessons
Health, Dental, Disability & Other Benefits; 401k Retirement Plan Options; Vacation/Paid Time Off
April 1st, 2023
Desired Start Date
June 1, 2023
Potential Salary Range
The ideal professional candidate is a hardworking team player with a proven track-record in both playing and coaching squash/padel at the highest level of the sport. Candidates will demonstrate excellent communication and hospitality skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to offer Club members exceptional service. Philadelphia Cricket Club is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary and benefits.
The Teaching Professional’s primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Club’s Director of Squash & Padel;
- Enthusiastically support and share in the Club’s vision for delivering high-quality singles and doubles squash and padel programs for members of every age and ability, from grass-roots beginners to top-ranked national men, women, boys, and girls;
- Work cooperatively with fellow staff to maintain a fun, positive, supportive work environment;
- Effectively engage veteran players and inspire new members to become active;
- Demonstrate and teach sportsmanship and teamwork to create strong core values and a sense of community among members and colleagues;
- Be available up to six days per week during the squash season (September-April) and up to five days per week during the Summer (May-August);
- Teach daily private lessons, group clinics, and training squads, with hourly rate compensation determined by the Director of Squash & Padel; (note: club policy requires coaching be restricted to members of the Club in order to avoid conflicts of interest);
- Provide tournament preparation to US Squash tournament-caliber members;
- Attend additional external US Squash junior tournaments as needed;
- Represent the Club at local programs and in competitive leagues as needed;
- Instruct and maintain strong working knowledge of the rules of the game;
- Help manage the Club’s online court reservation and booking system to track player engagement.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references (including full name, phone #, email address, and relationship to the candidate) no later than April 1st, 2023.
$70,000 – $85,000 per year
Interested candidates must apply online here.