Mission Squash empowers students from Houston’s under-served communities to unlock and maximize their potential through intensive, year-round academic, wellness, and enrichment programs.
Following the proven urban squash model, Mission Squash works with under-resourced students starting in 6th grade through graduation. Enrolled students complete a minimum of 200 hours of tutoring sessions and squash practices each school year and an additional 20 days of programming in the summer. Our program focuses on academics, wellness, mentoring, community service, and college readiness, helping students to excel in school and achieve admission to elite colleges and universities. Mission Squash built the first squash courts in a public middle school in the country and has a strategic vision to build on our 11-year history of growth and success by constructing new facilities and delivering expanded programming. Our new Executive Director will lead a strong 4 member staff to increase the number of students served and expand our programs and facilities and work with a committed board of directors drawn from Houston’s business communities and civic society at large.
If you are the right person for this position, your work/life experience will include the following:
- Demonstrated leadership
- An ability to represent the mission, vision, and values of Mission Squash
- Thorough understanding of the culture of philanthropy with a strong record of fundraising success
- A strategic approach to organizational development, good governance, programming, and evaluation
- Team-leadership skills and the ability to value, develop and guide dedicated staff and volunteers
- Relationships orientation towards business, education, and other community organizations to maintain and build“friends” for Mission Squash’s support and programming
- Experience growing organization through additional locations or expanded program offerings
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience and/or appreciation for the role sports can play in developing character and work Knowledge of and passion for squash is a plus but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading organizations
The successful candidate will also demonstrate these personal skills and characteristics:
|Visionary Leadership||Interpersonal Skills||Good Judgement||Impeccable Character||Results Oriented||Social Intelligence|
|Comfortable Public Presence||Integrity||Transparency||Wisdom||Commitment to Diversity & Equity||Dedication to Mission|
Competitive candidates will have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree and may anticipate a salary of $100k+ plus benefits.
If the content of this job posting describes you, we encourage you to learn more about Mission Squash at https://missionsquash.org/ and invite you to apply. If you are the “best” we want to hear from you now!
Read this information carefully. Adhering to these instructions will ensure that your application is reviewed.
- A cover letter is Your cover letter should be no more than one (1) page in length.
- A resume is required. Your resume should be no more than three (3) pages in length and should include details about your relevant education, skills and experience as they relate to this
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be acknowledging their receipt or returning emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of an application. If your application is selected for interview, you will be contacted directly by a member of our team.
- Send your cover letter and resume to MSQ@gershensonconsultingllc.com.