Deputy Executive Director – LA Program
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000 Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Type: Full time
Location: Los Angeles, CA Start Date: May, 2023
About Access Youth Academy
We believe every child should have equal access to achieve their full potential. Our mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth through academic enrichment, health and wellness, social responsibility and leadership through squash. We use the sport of squash as a catalyst to transform young lives. Our program that begins by selecting children in the 5th grade, educating them with our four pillars and continuing to transform their lives for eight years through high school graduation and then 6 years through college and post-graduate career.
During these fundamental years, we provide guidance for building essential life skills to becoming responsible and honorable adults. By creating a culture of healthy lifestyle and exercise, students find the discipline and dedication to unlock their potential and achieve their goals. Family members are involved in the transformation process, as these skills translate to all members of a family and ultimately a community.
About the Position
Access Youth Academy seeks a committed Deputy Executive Director for the Los Angeles Program. This position will work under the Executive Director. Access Youth Academy is expanding its operations to Los Angeles after 16 years of work in San Diego. This expansion will be serving the great Los Angeles area, working closely with the Ketchum YMCA Downtown as our host facility, where we will be providing the services. The ideal candidate for this position will be: an entrepreneurial leader who knows how to support and develop a team; a strong fundraiser who can inspire individuals, corporations and institutional donors to support AYA’s unique approach; a close partner to the Advisory Board who can maintain a high standard of board engagement and quality governance; and someone with a familiarity with programs like Access Youth Academy and the diverse challenges and opportunities they face. This is an ideal opportunity for someone passionate about youth education and athletics who wants to support the LA’s most underserved youth on their journey through middle and high school, college and beyond.
- Serving as the face of Access Youth Academy in Los Angeles, partnering closely with the LA Advisory Board, funders and the broader squash community to secure and allocate the resources necessary to maintain the health of the organization and expand its programmatic impact
- Managing Access Youth Academy’s Los Angeles staff, remaining deeply committed to developing and bringing out the strengths of all team members while holding them accountable for their goals and the organization’s desired financial, programmatic and compliance outcomes
- Fundraising and establish relationships with current donors and an ambitious but workable framework for fundraising going forward, including leadership on fundraising strategy and engagement
- Championing the broader vision of Access Youth Academy internally and externally by valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion for all constituents, and maintaining an unyielding focus on what is best for AYA’s students, staff and local community
- Deeply passionate about Access Youth Academy mission and commitment to serve low-income student population
- An entrepreneurial leader who is able to develop a program and community of urban squash supporters
- Outstanding speaking, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Experienced in being a leader in the organization, especially in fundraising in the LA community
- Adaptability, creativity, and initiative-taking
- Ability to collaborate with CEO and LA Advisory Board in order to build a strong and sustainable organization
- Sensitivity to different cultures and communities with a commitment to youth development
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to:
Renato Paiva, Access Youth Academy Executive Director at email@example.com