Position: Racquets Professional
Organization: The Tuxedo Club
Location: 1 West Lake Road, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Reports To: Racquets Director
Background: The Tuxedo Club is a distinctive social institution that, since 1886, has provided its members, their families and guests with recreation and refuge in the close environs of Metropolitan New York City. The Club’s unparalleled grounds, varied sporting venues and multiple clubhouse facilities offer year-round enjoyment for all ages and make it one of the most unique private clubs in the world.
Facilities include golf, (5) racquet sport venues, boathouse, fitness facility, swimming complex, ice skating rink and two architecturally renowned clubhouses, all of which provide the diverse membership with opportunities for social interaction. The (5) racquet sport facilities include (6) Har-Tru tennis courts, (1) Court Tennis court, (2) Squash courts, (4) Platform Tennis courts, (1) Rackets court and (1) Pickle Ball court that utilizes the rackets court as available.
Responsibilities: The Racquets Professional assists the Racquets Director in all aspects of running a world class Racquets program from beginners to experts, and toddlers to well- seasoned players. This position is a year-round position that requires knowledge of all racquet sports provided at The Tuxedo Club. This position in particular is to be filled by someone with a very strong knowledge of a minimum of (1), but ideally more than (1) of the racquet sports offered. This person, if not already excelling, must be open to learning and training in the other racquet sports. Additional general responsibilities are in an administrative capacity as determined by the Racquets Director.
Specific Responsibilities: General
- Provide first rate customer service to The Tuxedo Club membership in whatever capacity is required.
- Answer the phone and provide information to Member inquiries, from looking to book a lesson or court to getting information about an upcoming event.
- Provide information about any and all aspects of the Racquets program.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times, abiding by the dress code of The Tuxedo Club.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Provide private and group instruction to all levels and ages, as well as instruction and leadership for The Tuxedo Club Junior Sports Camp and Racquets Academy.
- Racquet maintenance and repair, including but not limited to restringing and grip repair.
- Court Maintenance as needed.
- Answer phones and book courts and/or lessons as needed.
- Promote and run all Racquets events as required by the Racquets Committee or associated committee.
Court Tennis Additional Duties:
- Maintain and/or attain a certain level of play as determined by the Racquet Director, and shows initiative to continue to improve their individual skills as well as knowledge of the game.
- Represent The Tuxedo Club in National League, US based tournaments, and exhibitions as required.
- Ball making duties as determined by the Racquets Director.
Compensation: Will be commensurate with experience and will include:
- Base salary.
- Lesson and clinic compensation.
- Racquet stringing and ball making compensation.
- Comprehensive Health and Dental plan.
- 401k plan.
All applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Interested parties should contact Tim Chisholm @ firstname.lastname@example.org, with resume and references attached.