Director of Squash
The New Haven Lawn Club is a private club nestled in the downtown area of New Haven, Connecticut. For over 125 years, the Club has been a center for social and recreational activity for families, couples, and individual members who live and work in the area. The property is situated on 7 acres, which includes such amenities as 8 har-tru tennis courts, 2 platform tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, a fitness center and 4 squash courts. The Club has played an important role in the culture and lifestyle of Greater New Haven since its founding over a century ago. Currently the Club enjoys a wait list with over 500+ member families, 1,800+ total members and a thriving squash program with 40+ kids and as many adults in season.
The Lawn Club has a long tradition of squash excellence with our four international squash courts. Recently our program has developed some of the most talented young players in the country whom have gone on to play professional squash. Many of our juniors have also developed into excellent Division 1 squash players currently playing at Yale, UVA, Wesleyan, Hamilton & Bowdoin to name a few. Today, the junior squash program boasts a dozen boys and girls ranked in the top 20, with two boys ranked in the top 2. The courts provide plenty of space for members to get a solid work out while competing with each other, battling guest teams, or refining skills. Whether you’re an adult or a child, a novice or a nationally ranked player; our program is for all to participate in.
- Teaching adults and juniors in clinics and private lessons
- Coach juniors of all ages and levels
- Help to create, organize and run social squash activities including, leagues, events, club tournaments as well as local and national tournaments
- Coach junior players at select tournaments
- Pro shop administration
- Assist in building and maintaining a strong squash program
- Exceed Member expectations at all times
- Ability to work Fridays & Weekends required
- Must have experience coaching singles squash to juniors and adults of all levels in private and group settings
- Must be high skill level player, certification not required but desired
- Must have a good understanding of the game including grips, swings, styles, strategy, nuances and rules
- Must have the ability to recruit and manage a team of experienced assistant pros based on membership demand
- 3-5 years of professional teaching and coaching experience
- 1-2 years as Director of Squash, implementing and executing a squash program for all ages and abilities.
- Ability to string racquets preferred but not required
- Must be able to show the ability to work in the U.S.
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a base salary, competitive hourly lesson rate, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% matching contributions.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME:
AUGUST 22, 2022
Interested candidates can apply to email@example.com