Job Title: Squash Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part Time
Reports to: Sports Director
POSITION SUMMARY:The Lynch van Otterloo YMCA is seeking a self-motivated part time Squash Coordinator who is excited to grow and build a dynamic community squash program as part of our greater YMCA community. The ideal candidate is motivated to build our community squash program by engaging squash enthusiasts of all levels through lessons, leagues, tournaments and building a youth squash program. This person should be eager to work with all members of the Lynch van Otterloo YMCA community to grow and sustain a vibrant squash program. The squash center consists of 3 singles courts, and one doubles court. The Squash Coordinator will report directly to the LvO Sports Director, and have support from our Squash Community Council.
1. Conduct new Member squash orientation(s) into the facility and programs available.
2. Ensure courts and facilities are maintained in a professional and aesthetically satisfactory manner and ensure that the environment is safe for all those who use the facility. 3. Plan and run squash sessions and activities, while implementing the organization’s mission
and values. Squash sessions consist of group clinics that address technical, tactical, and
physical aspects of the game.
4. Organize, schedule and promote member social events, leagues, round robins, drop-ins, tournaments, lessons, and all other events as applicable, that appeal to the membership to motivate health and wellness. Build a strong culture that is aligned with the mission, vision, and core values of the YMCA.
5. Engage and build relationships with volunteers to help bolster Y squash activities
6. Identify, plan, and create opportunities to generate activity and memberships to the squash center. Expand and introduce the sport of squash to a wide range of future members and build a robust squash program for players of all backgrounds and levels.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
2. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are critical. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
3. One to two years of related experience is preferred.
4. US Squash Level I Instructor ideal, or ability/willingness to be certified
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum Level 1 Coaching Certification preferred