TITLE: Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Operations & Event Manager;
Department Leaders and Senior US Squash Management
Provide information about Specter Center activities and programs, court reservations, monitor and sell pro shop merchandise, open/close registers, and provide security at the Specter Center entrance(s). Serve as Tournament and Event team members, and complete project work as assigned by US Squash management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and greet all members/guests appropriately per Specter Center standards.
- Monitor the pro shop and attend to all customer questions and inquiries.
- Process all sales of pro shop items; and assist members and guests in charging for court times, services, and other fees via proper use of Club Locker.
- Schedule all reservations.
- Monitor cash drawer during entire shift and maintain responsibility for the proper opening/closing of each cash drawer.
- Responsible for opening/closing the Specter Center with assistance from management.
- Assist Housekeeping with maintaining cleanliness of Front Desk area, and public spaces, when requested. Submit work orders to report and address deficiencies.
- Organize and log all lost and found items.
- Maintain CPR/First-aid certification
- Assist customers with restringing of racquets.
- Serve in various roles to support tournaments and events.
- Complete tasks assigned related to tournaments and events.
- Complete project work – research, data entry, registrations, etc – as assigned by US Squash management.
- Assist maintenance staff with court cleaning and upkeep, and other small administrative projects.
- Contribute to overall team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
- Telephone conversation is calm and clear.
- The guest is always asked permission before being placed on hold.
- No telephone hold longer than 30 seconds without offering call-back.
- Staff acknowledges the guest when appropriate and reasonably possible.
- Staff is polite and maintains a gracious tone and appropriate pace throughout the interaction.
- Staff readily smiles and maintains an engaging expression.
- Staff makes eye contact and keeps focus on the guest.
- Staff exhibits a genuine sense of interest and concern for the guest.
- Staff is thoughtful and intuitive, demonstrating anticipatory service when appropriate and helpful.
- Cross-departmental channels of communication among staff are consistent and complete.
- Staff performs the requirements of their department knowledgeably and proficiently.
- Staff can capably answer questions about the entire center or obtains effective and prompt assistance.
- The member or guest’s name is used naturally as a signal of recognition.
- Staff closes interactions with polite, appropriate remarks.
- All staff encountered are wearing professional, clean and well-fitted uniforms.
- All staff encountered are extremely well-groomed.
- Staff maintains alert posture and behaves professionally in view of the guest.
- Staff does not decline any request without offering appropriate alternatives.
- The service is handled without excessive delays or interruptions.
- All associates exhibit a professional vocabulary that is devoid of common slang.
- Guests are graciously escorted to areas when directions are requested.
- All associates consistently maintain eye contact with guests.
- There is evidence that all associates are empowered by management to resolve guest issues immediately.
- All staff associates fulfill guest’s special request(s).
- All phone calls are answered promptly within three rings.
- All associates are appropriately attired; name tag is clearly visible.
- All associates demonstrate appropriate behavior and hygiene
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background screening and SafeSport certification.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.