The Spirit of Saint Louis Squash Foundation recognized the inaugural winners of the National High School Squash Awards on April 30, 2022. In its commitment to advance squash across the United States, the Foundation will annually recognize the top high school squash players nationally, regionally and in the local St. Louis community.
The celebrations offered the chance for award recipients and their families to be hosted by the Foundation in St. Louis, highlighted by the awards ceremony and the opportunity to throw the first pitch at a St. Louis Cardinals major league baseball game. The winners also received a congratulatory proclamation from the Mayor of the City of St. Louis.
2022 High School Squash Award Winners:
· Musick and Ashmore Trophy—Women’s and Men’s High School National Award Winners: Lucie Stefanoni (Darien, Connecticut) and Avi Agarwal (West Windsor, New Jersey)
· Summers Trophy—Women’s and Men’s High School Eastern Regional Award Winners: Lucie Stefanoni (Darien, Connecticut) and Avi Agarwal (West Windsor, New Jersey)
· Spence Trophy—Women’s and Men’s High School Midwest Regional Award Winners: Natasha Pensler (Gross Pointe Park, Michigan) and John Paul Tew (Cincinnati, Ohio)
· Arneson Trophy—Women’s and Men’s High School Western Regional Award Winners: Riya Navani (Milpitas, California) and Rehan Luthra (Kirkland, Washington)
· Avery Cup—Women’s and Men’s High School St. Louis Award Winners: Deena Iqbal (Wildwood, Missouri) and Henry Byrne (Saint Louis, Missouri)
“We are honored to recognize the dedication, hard work and talent of these high school athletes,” said Craig Ashmore, Spirit of St. Louis Foundation Chairman. “They have excelled in a challenging sport that dates back over 150 years. We enjoyed sharing the weekend in St. Louis with these athletes and their families.”