Associate Director of Squash
This is a full-time position within the Athletics department reporting to The Director of Squash.
The Associate Squash Director will be responsible for assisting in all avenues of the Shipley squash program, including organizing other coaches, lesson plans, transport, matches, and students. They will develop a strategy to increase participation and develop talent. The Associate Squash director will also be responsible for co-directing the prestigious Shipley Squash Academy, teaching lessons, organizing US Squash Sanctioned tournaments, and developing and coaching a summer program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach Shipley Squash teams as required
- Work with the Director of Squash with management of coaching staff and match scheduling
- Travel with the team to all matches and confirm transportation with the Athletic Office
- Work with the Admissions Team to recruit student-athletes of all ages for application to Shipley
- Provide private coaching to Shipley squash academy members
- Offer clinics, lessons, and other forms of instruction
- Manage the Shipley Squash programs grades 6-12 and youth development in the lower school and physical education class in collaboration with Director of physical Education
- Must have progressive management experience in a successful squash program
- Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of customer service and lead by example for squash staff
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and understand the business side of squash as it relates to a 5-court facility on a school campus
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Eagerness to work in a school community and build relationships with all school constituencies to market the squash program and club
- Goal oriented, with excellent communication and organizational skills
Shipley and Its Commitment to Equity
The Shipley School, founded in 1894, is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school currently enrolling approximately 800 students in grades Pre-K through 12. Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the school is committed to educational excellence and dedicated to developing in each student a love of learning and compassionate participation in the world.
The Shipley School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.
In addition to this position, Shipley seeks talented new colleagues across a host of full- and part-time positions ranging from teaching, to coaching, to staff support. Go to shipleyschool.org/about/employment to learn more.
Interested candidates should complete the online application here. Cover letter and resume should be uploaded in the resume section of the application. Applications received missing supporting documents will receive less consideration. Please note – clearances are not required at the time of application but will be required for employment. No phone calls, please.