TITLE: Event Manager
DEPARTMENT: Arlen Specter US Squash Center / US Squash
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Arlen Specter US Squash Center is world largest community squash center, home to US Squash, and hosts a variety of events and tournaments ranging in size and scope. The “Specter Center” is searching for an Event Manager to oversee all aspects of our event operations. Responsibilities of the Event Manager center around fielding inquiries, marketing, selling, planning, and executing events varying in size and purpose. This appointment will oversee all logistics, manage budgets, and ensure that each event is professionally carried out to exceed member, guest, and clients’ expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Field and manage all event related inquiries – ensuring timely communication and follow-up, and serve as the primary client contact.
- Design and implement sales and marketing strategies surrounding event business.
- Develop proposals for client consideration.
- Collaborate with external partners for Food & Beverage needs and décor.
- Establish quarterly sales plans inclusive of prospective customer list.
- Practice sound communication with US Squash / Specter Center team members and stakeholders and maintain a master calendar and sharing of key event logistics.
- Ensure documentations such as client contracts, Specter Center terms and conditions, and liability waivers are signed.
- Manage and oversee events day-of – and organize set-up/staging, welcome guests, problem-solve, communicate with staff, and organize vendors (including custodial and maintenance, as needed).
- Create reliable financial reports and collection of payments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Plan event details, including facility arrangements and any special needs for members, guests, and staff.
- Coordinate event entertainment, as requested by client.
- Assist with marketing collateral development.
- Organize event signage and collateral, as requested.
- Develop communications for member newsletter, website, and weekly email updates.
- Provide administrative and operations support for other Specter Center departments, as directed.
- Contribute to overall Specter Center and US Squash team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
- Work alongside of the US Squash team when hosting larger tournaments and events.
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the General Manager.
- At least three year experience in Event Management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience managing a departmental budget a plus.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and various forms of social media platforms.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background screening and SafeSport certification.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed weekly through Labor Day.