SCH Academy is seeking a Squash Program Director & Varsity Head Coach for the Upper and Middle Schools. Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Program Director will collaborate with all team stakeholders including the AD, Director of Auxiliary and Special Programs, school administrators, athletes, parents, faculty and other coaches. The Program Director/Varsity Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the program, including recruitment and hiring of new coaches and players, involvement in the local squash community and maintenance of the squash facilities.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Auxiliary and Special Programs scheduling and use of squash facilities, including tournaments, and programming and marketing of clinics and camps.
- Provides clear vision and coaching philosophy that instills a strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, competition, citizenship, leadership, and student wellness.
- Communicates clear expectations to the players and their parents and helps players understand the program objectives.
- Builds positive relationships with players, faculty, administrators, parents, and other community constituencies.
- Directs and implements all aspects of the Squash Program PK-12th. This includes, but it is not limited to providing clinics for Lower School students and oversight of the Middle School program.
- Builds relationships with local squash development programs and provides SCH athletes with opportunities to grow the game in the Philadelphia area.
- Provides lessons to the SCH and local community.
- Supervises, mentors and provides input in hiring additional coaches.
- Plans and organizes tryouts and all practices and utilizes sound teaching techniques in preparation of games and practices.
- Keeps accurate attendance records.
- Maintains clear and consistent communications with the AD throughout the season.
- Recruits viable student athletes to SCH and assists student athletes wishing to play at the collegiate level.
- Attends SCH Athletic Open House, all league meetings and Sports Award Assembly.
- Provides a safe and competitive environment for our student athletes.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of SCH Academy and its athletic programs.
- Previous high school/travel club coaching experience.
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred but not required.
- Prior Head Coaching experience preferred.
- Prior independent school experience is a plus.
- Expertise, understanding and passion for the sport.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student, teaching correct skill techniques, and the development and support of student-athletes with an ability and desire to compete at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
- Ability to contribute to the growth of the program.
- Proven ability to exemplify the highest standard of leadership, sportsmanship and respect.
- Track record of success working in partnership with students, staff, and parents.
- Ability to attend all team practices, meets and events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Drive SCH athletes in school vehicles.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and/on pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Applications materials will be reviewed as they come in. The School reserves the right to close the search as it sees ﬁt.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer