Title: Head Varsity Boys Squash Coach
Supervisor: Director of Athletics
Start Date: November 15, 2021 (on court)
The Head Boys Squash Coach is responsible for all aspects of the varsity boys squash program. This includes supervising daily operations on and off the court, developing and mentoring athletes, care, and inventory of all equipment and supplies, abiding by all regulations and being an active member of both the Independent School League and the New England Prep School Athletic Council. In addition the Head Coach will work both with the Admission Office in recruiting and identifying applicants to the school and support current athletes with their college placement.
- Direct the training, conditioning and performance of the boys’ varsity squash program Monday through Saturday during the season. Practices are typically in the late afternoon.
- Lead the junior varsity and 3rd team coaches and collaborate on topics of technique, training plans and player placement and development throughout the season
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation for the values of athletics, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and sense of pride in self, team and school community.
- Attend all ISL and NEPSAC boys’ squash coaches’ association meetings.
- Work together with the athletic director in the development of the team schedule, budget and coaching needs of the boys squash program.
- Possess and maintain a coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the mission of Brooks School
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Coaching at college, high school varsity or high school aged club level for 3+ years
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept
- Strong technical and tactical understanding of squash
- Ability to create and maintain a positive team culture
- Energetic self-starter in addressing all details of leading a competitive high school program
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- A valid driver’s license and ability (or readiness to learn) to drive school vehicles
- Pass background check and other references, as needed
If interested, please send a short letter of introduction and a resume to Bobbie Crump-Burbank, Director of Athletics at email@example.com or call 978-725-6210.