The Heights Casino is looking to hire an assistant squash professional to join their world class coaching team. We have a large, vibrant and successful junior squash program and a wonderful coaching team to serve our membership.
The salary and hourly rate for this position is based on candidate’s previous compensation and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included – group health, dental and life coverage, pension plan (after 2 years of employment), 401K plan, and meals while on duty.
The position is available starting from fall 2021 onwards.
Applicants should submit their resume, references and letter to Linda Elriani at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pro that can fully join our squash program’s vision and goals.
- It is essential that this pro works as part of a team, is enthusiastic, reliable and possesses a kind and encouraging nature. We hold team-work and camaraderie as the back bone to our pro staff. It is vital that we teach/show great sportsmanship, values, team spirit and support to our members and colleagues and have a strong sense of community.
- Valid US work visa is not necessary, though preferred.
- At least 3 years of coaching experience at all levels, preferably with recognized coaching qualifications and/or professional international playing experience.
- The ability to organize and assist with, but not limited to, the following areas: inter-club events/tournaments, private lessons and group clinics, camps, tournament coaching and to generally enhance the member experience by proactively engaging the membership in all things squash related.
- While this position is mostly coaching our junior program, it may also include assisting/coaching lessons/clinics with our adult squash community in singles and doubles.
- Great communication skills (verbal, written and non-verbal), friendliness and respect.
Summary Description of the Heights Casino
The Heights Casino is located in the heart of Brooklyn Heights just a block from the world- renowned Promenade and its unparalleled views of lower Manhattan and the New York harbor. It is also only a short subway ride from all that Manhattan offers. The Heights Casino was founded in 1904 and has served continuously since then as an indoor tennis and squash facility for youngsters, teenagers and adults of all ages. With 500 members, it is also a social center for its members and their guests and it hosts many private parties and community events. Facilities include a dining room, a bar and lounge and a fitness center in addition to six singles squash courts, one doubles squash court and two tennis courts.
The Heights Casino junior squash program is one of the largest and most successful in the USA. We also host two very prestigious and longstanding professional events that are also major
Club social events, with the women’s Carol Weymuller tournament, which attracts many of the top women’s squash players in the world and the David Johnson Memorial professional squash doubles tournament, where all the top professional doubles players come to compete for this sought after title.