TITLE: Squash Professional
DEPARTMENT: Arlen Specter US Squash Center (“Specter Center”)
REPORTS TO: Squash Director
Candidates will be an integral member of the team delivering squash programming and instruction at the world’s largest community squash facility – the Specter Center. The successful applicant will provide squash instruction and coach community programs, members, guests, and assigned teams. This position will also assist with organization and oversight of leagues, round robins, and squash tournaments, as well as provide assistance to the Squash Director, as directed.
Candidates for the Squash Professional role will be considered for both full-time and part-time positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the Specter Center community including members, guests, and staff
- Be a positive influence on the culture of the Specter Center squash program
- Remain current on squash coaching techniques and squash equipment
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Attend all staff meetings and other meetings and/or trainings requested by management
- Promote the sale of pro shop items
- Promote Specter Center memberships and programs
- Remain AED and CPR Certified
- Assist with court maintenance as directed
- Follow the “clean as you go” policy
- Coach squash lessons, clinic, camps, and teams
- Assist in the organization and execution of squash tournaments and events
- Monitor attendance and execute billing for all instruction
- Effectively utilize Club Locker and other US Squash programs
- Maintain a reputation for integrity and reliability
- Passion for teaching all levels of squash players
- Two or more years squash coaching experience in a community center, club or school environment preferred
- Experience in running leagues and events a plus
- Experience with grassroots squash initiatives a plus
- Doubles experience a plus
- AED and CPR Certification required
All employees must learn and comply with all US Squash and Specter Center safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed weekly through Labor Day.