Title: Head Men’s and Women’s Squash Coach in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing and administering all aspects of the squash programs including: coaching, practice and game preparation, recruiting, scheduling, supervising personnel, fund-raising, alumni relations, stewardship, budgeting and complying with NCAA and Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League Conference), and Columbia University rules and regulations
- Recruiting quality student-athletes capable of pursuing the baccalaureate degree as demonstrated by maintenance of an exemplary graduation rate
- Demonstrating excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to: (a) sport skill instruction, (b) motivation, and (c) tactical strategies Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Providing leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image
- Providing opportunities for the social, emotional and academic development, as well as the athletic welfare, of student-athletes
- Designing a competitive schedule that maximizes student-athlete development and performance
- Managing a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening skills
- Relating well to officials, high school and club coaches, media, and the general public
- Participating in friend, fan, and fund-raising activities with the expectation of meeting or exceeding revenue expectations
- Training and supervising assistant coaches with the goal of developing head coach capabilities
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Training and supervising support staff when appropriate
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
- A high level of competency in squash skill instruction and motivation, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
- An understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Strong recruiting, teaching and coaching skills; an inherent ability to build and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, staff and alumni.
- Dedication to the mission of the University and commitment to gender equity and diversity are essential.
- Valid Driver’s License
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK, https://apply.interfolio.com/92865