US Squash is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a track record of strategic financial leadership within a growing organization to meet future expansion needs. The CFO is responsible for aligning financial reserves with the mission and vision of the organization and identifying concrete ways to engage in increasing financial reserves and cost-savings such that US Squash develops into a financially stable, sustainable organization able to consistently take advantage of the opportunities before it and meet its long-term goals. Multiple sub entities including the rightsholder of the internally developed Club Locker software, the entities responsible holding the lease and development rights for the Arlen Specter US Squash Center, and other various entities are all used to conduct operations.
The CFO reports to the CEO and periodically the Board of Directors. The CFO will direct his/her own internal staff including the VP Finance/Controller, Junior Accountant(s), Human Resources and other professionals and consultants, as well as those responsible for producing annual audit, tax and other compliance documents and reports.
The role is based at US Squash’s headquarters at the Arlen Specter US Squash Center in Philadelphia, PA
- Oversee and manage all US Squash and departmental budgets, forecasts and internal financial plans and processes.
- Support accounting, general ledger, and operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timely and accurate reporting.
- Drive best financial practices within US Squash by publicizing standard operating procedures, keeping the senior leadership team, Board, and staff up to date on the organization’s financial status and serving as a point of reference for all growth plans, resources, and projections.
- Serve as the internal consultant to the CEO, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting proactive strategies to maintain and grow the resources required to operate and grow.
- Review short and long-term goals in light of existing and projected financial resources available and create data-based long- and short-term goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Explore and suggest ways to invest reserves and resources to generate passive income.
- Participate in all internal planning regarding US Squash’s proposed program expansion to ensure alignment with financial projections.
- Establish annual priorities and benchmarks and conduct regular reporting, measuring projections against actual performance.
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate, and optimize cash-flow and liquidity.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the Finance & Investment and Audit & Risk Committees.
- Oversee and manage Human Resources and Administration functions for the organization.
- Coordinate and manage vendors and policies related to all insurance coverage needs related to the organization.
- Build relationships with banks, donors, vendors, outside consultants and others as needed to keep close to US Squash’s major expenditures and sources of revenue.
- Utilize technology to optimize all reporting and analytical functions.
- Ensure that US Squash meets critical regulatory and legal compliance benchmarks.
- Keep up with new trends in the financial industry by attending conferences, participating in professional development, and sharing this information with the senior leadership team.
- Build a top-tier internal finance team by actively recruiting, training, and developing talented accountants, analysts, consultants, auditors, tax planners and payroll staff, as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- At least 5 years’ senior financial leadership experience.
- More than 10 years’ experience total accounting/finance experience.
- Experience integrating IT/systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy.
- Experience working with external auditors, compliance, and regulatory oversight.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability and experience in change management.
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- A team-oriented management style.
- CPA and experience at a top accounting firm is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting, finance or management, MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of Office Suite, familiarity with software such as Salesforce, QuickBooks and Sage/MIP.
Applications and nominations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.