St. Andrew’s School, a non-denominational co-ed boarding and day school located in Barrington, R.I, seeks a self-motivated Director of Squash who is excited to build and oversee a dynamic squash program in a state-of-the-art facility. Candidates should be passionate about the sport, have demonstrated success in program development, and coached at the secondary or collegiate level.
The ideal candidate is also motivated to build a community squash program by engaging squash enthusiasts of all levels through lessons, clinics, leagues, camps, and tournaments. This person should be eager to work with all members of the St. Andrew’s School and local community to sustain a vibrant squash program.
Responsibilities of the Director of Squash include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as the head boys and girls varsity coach
- Manage the after school activity period during the fall and spring
- Actively partner with admissions to grow the program (this includes attending fairs and squash specific events as an ambassador of the school and meeting with campus visitors)
- Communicate regularly with families of team
- Develop, advertise and facilitate clinics and seminars for current and prospective students
- Cultivate interest and manage all facility rentals
- Develop and run summer programming
- Other duties as agreed upon
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with youth is
- Experience coaching and playing at different levels is
- Deep belief in the potential of all
- Commitment to holding high behavioral and academic expectations for all
- Ability to build trusting relationships across lines of
- Ability to run squash events without
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background
Compensation for the Director of Squash will be competitive. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Morin, assistant head of school.