The process of returning to full junior competition and ratings-based rankings enters its second stage on May 28, 2021. The most recent information on this process is always available at ussquash.org/return.
Kim Clearkin, US Squash Vice President of Programs and Events, and Dent Wilkens, US Squash Senior Vice President of Operations, updated the community on the status of the return to competition and full points-based rankings on Wednesday, May 19, during a virtual Q&A.
Topics addressed included:
- Summer tournament schedule including Silver and Bronze tournaments
- RCI and Phantom Points – understanding player point assignments
- Ranking points – which tournaments count and initial September ranking calculations
- How national vaccination progress and recent CDC updates will impact event protocol
- 2021 National Championships
- 2021-2022 Season – general considerations
Watch a replay of the Q&A above.