The LA Squash Academy, a premier emerging squash club located in South Pasadena, CA, is seeking a highly qualiﬁed squash professional. This is a 12-month, full-time position (30-40 hours per week) to promote the game of squash within the family-oriented club community by providing squash lessons, clinics and other events and activities for all levels, ages, and abilities. It also involves running tournaments, coaching players and teams, putting on clinics and ensuring a balance of competitive and social play and interaction. The person hired for this position must be a good spokesperson for the game of squash within the Los Angeles community and must maintain a dialogue with other squash clubs in Southern California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality programs as required and teach juniors, adults, and beginners (players at all levels, age 4 and up) in line with the welcoming and enthusiastic culture of the LA Squash Academy.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the LA Squash Academy program.
- Assist with the promotion of all programs and activities (including but not limited to: private and semi private lessons, group clinics, summer camps).
- Travel with junior players to local and national tournaments for coaching and supervision.
- Work with the Executive Director and other LA Squash Academy staﬀ in carrying out administrative functions.
- Assist in planning squash-related social events, and attend and assist with social functions as required.
- Promote, foster, and maintain good relations between staﬀ and members.
- Maintain frequent and transparent communication between LA Squash Academy and other clubs, also with the sport’s national governing bodies (US Squash). Attend networking and professional development events to stay at the forefront of the squash world.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staﬀ to ensure facilities are safe and in good condition, as well as ensuring a safe work environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with a collaborative approach
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Outgoing, enthusiastic nature, positive attitude, and engaging personality
- Equal ability to engage eﬀectively with beginners/those new to the sport as with accomplished players
- Adaptability, high energy, creativity, and initiative-taking
- Project management, interpersonal, organizational and networking skills
- An understanding temperament and sense of teamwork
- Cooperative nature and unquestionable ethical and moral character
- Must be a passionate, talented squash player with a love for the game and an appreciation of life lessons that can be learned through squash
- Creativity and vision to help the LA Squash Academy evolve and develop
- Excellent computer skills and reasonable ﬂuency with technology
Please send your resume and cover letter to Aria Fazelimanesh, LA Squash Academy Executive Director, at email@example.com.