Arlen Specter US Squash Center
TITLE: Front Desk Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Supervisor
The Arlen Specter US Squash Center serves as US Squash’s national headquarters on the campus of Drexel University. The mission of the facility is to increase access, encourage sportsmanship and achieve excellence. It will house an engagement-focused Learning & Innovation Center, the U.S. Squash Hall of Fame, serve as the training facility for US Squash’s National High-Performance Athletes, and have an active membership and guest participation from the community.
The person hired for this position must be a motivated applicant and will assist at the front desk and be involved in general day-to-day facility and service operations. Reporting to the Front Desk Supervisor, the position will be an integral part of supporting the opening of the Specter Center. There will be extra opportunities to assist with local and national events hosted at the Center during this time for which the candidate will help create the best possible events and tournament experiences for members, guests and the various constituent groups it supports.
Candidates will serve in a variety of roles, including but not limited to:
- Provide high level customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide support to the facilities programs and events to ensure a successful check-in process.
- Provide front desk services for the facility.
- Greet, check-in, communicate with and welcome members and guests.
- Answer all the customers’ questions and help to address their concerns.
- Answer incoming calls, and redirect, when needed.
- Manage day-to-day court and locker reservation system for the facility.
- Receive letters, packages and send them to appropriate destination.
- Assist in on-site tournament and event operations.
- Closely support tournament team to host events at the facilities.
- Facilitate pro shop sales.
- Know club facility, services, and schedules.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by manager.
- Communicate and share information on programs and services.
- Help with general facility operations, when called upon.
- Keep front desk and public areas clean, tidy, and supplied with all the necessary supplies.
- Act as an ambassador for US Squash and the Specter Center.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Customer service preferred.
- CPR/AED required within first 30 days of new hire.
All employees must learn and comply with all Specter Center safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed bi-weekly.