The Creek is a private country club located on the Long Island Sound in Locust Valley, NY. Built in 1923, it is considered one of the premier clubs in the country.
Job Summary: The Squash Professional is a leader and role model within our community and the driving force behind our youth and adult Squash programs throughout the year. With a keen eye towards membership experience, the Squash Professional organizes and directs daily play, clinics, lessons and events.
Reports To: General Manager/COO
- Demonstrated experience growing Squash participation within a community
- A passion for teaching the game of Squash to all demographics (beginner, intermediate and advanced)
- Accomplished playing career in squash singles and/or doubles
- Engaging personality with a service mentality, and highly developed EQ
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Maintain high visibility in the pro shop or on court during peak periods of play
- Ensure that all members and their guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention
- Organize, administer and officiate squash tournaments, exhibitions and in-house club events
- Provide lessons for members related to the techniques and strategies of squash singles and doubles
- Maximize court usage by encouraging play and arranging games among members
- Administer and enforce club policies and procedures both on and off court
- Drive member communications for all aspects of the Squash program
- Maintain a close working relationship with other club professionals
- Manage squash merchandise (ordering, purchasing, pricing, and inventory management)
- Drive merchandise sales within the membership
- Ensure the proper billing of all squash activity
- Ensure current events are posted and up to date on the Club website and appropriate club display boards
- Maintain and improve knowledge of the game of squash and coaching techniques
- Attendandparticipatescheduled RacquetsCommitteemeetingsandsub-committeesforsquashevents
- Provide monthly reports of court use and lessons
- Develop a calendar of squash of events for the current and upcoming season
- Inspect and maintain cleanliness, organization, safety and repair throughout the squash court areas
- Coordinate with department heads to ensure all aspects of Squash events are executed to the highest of standards
An excellent Salary and Benefits package will be offered. The package will be commensurate with other top positions in the industry.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.