TITLE: Head Squash Professional
DEPARTMENT: Arlen Specter Center US Squash Center / US Squash
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Head Squash Professional (“Head Pro”) is responsible for the successful execution and staffing of assigned squash programs and activities, including, but not limited to, instructional programs (adult and junior camps and academies, clinics, lessons, and junior programs), community squash activities, leagues, ladders, and successful completion of all administrative duties assigned. The Head Pro sets the standard and serves as a leader to the squash professional instructors and staff-at-large. The Head Pro is an ambassador in a highly visible position and engages with members and guests to ensure an exceptional squash experience at the Specter Center.
The Specter Center, administrative offices, and pro shop.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote the game of squash within a community– and family-oriented membership through innovative and fun programming.
- Develop and manage a team of teaching professionals that provide high quality instruction and programs for players at all levels. Teaching professionals must exercise exceptional sportsmanship and strive to engage and proactively meet the needs of the Specter Center community.
- Support community squash, junior and adult programs, and scholastic squash initiatives.
- Provide instruction of singles and doubles squash through lessons, clinics and camps for players at all ages and levels, including those in the Philadelphia area as well as visiting players from across the U.S. and abroad.
- Set standards for best practices and lesson planning for all instructional programs.
- Manage, attend, and assist in the delivery of leagues and ladders for members, inter-club competition, corporate groups, and social squash activities.
- Help facilitate new member and guest orientations – providing direction that will help integrate players into programs and help members to achieve their squash goals.
- Execute all assigned administrative duties, and facilitate payroll processes, as directed.
- Exercise proficiency in property management software for check-in system, reservations, membership database, and billing.
- Solicit, receive, and respond to constituent feedback in a timely manner.
- Help coordinate staff, activities, and court availability among stakeholders as appropriate, including SquashSmarts, community partners, programs and events, and National Teams, and effectively communicate and organize court allocations with operations and national team department heads.
- Assist in the organization and execution of squash competitions and events.
- Monitor court conditions, report deficiencies, and address issues directly, when possible.
- Monitor court booking schedule in Club Locker and coordinate with internal teams to ensure efficiencies and avoid conflicts.
- Engage with US Squash staff on developing and sharing best practices nationally.
- Assist the Director of Professional Development in the delivery of coaching certifications.
- Assist in development of squash-specific media content for US Squash.
- Remain on the leading edge of progress and teaching methods, techniques, and programs to set standards for the Specter Center Squash teaching professional team.
- Lead by example in maintaining a professional, cooperative, inclusive and fun culture, and always uphold safety standards and compliance with Specter Center and US Squash policies.
- Assist with staffing for racquet stringing.
- Contribute to broader Specter Center and US Squash efforts by completing additional duties as assigned.
- Remain First Aid, AED and CPR certified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Minimum of a US Squash Level III coaching certification or international equivalent, dependent on coaching and competitive playing experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing squash programs and/or acting as teaching professional in a sports club, college, high school or middle school facility, community center or other squash facility.
- First Aid, AED and CPR certified and ability to maintain credentials.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant applicable experience.
All employees must learn and comply with all Specter Center safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed bi-weekly.