Squash On Fire, the first and only membership-free squash facility in Washington D.C., and the Mediterranean themed Upper West Side Café seeks a General Manager beginning in the spring on 2021. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional manager, leader and planner who has a passion for inspiring a team to lead a progressive and growing space. The General Manager is responsible for overseeing many of the day-to-day operations of the organization and working closely with the Executive Director to provide a first-class customer experience. The General Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is supported by a team of approximately 15 operational staff.
About Squash On Fire/Upper West Side Cafe:
A stunning and award-winning 20,000 square foot facility located in the West End neighborhood of Washington D.C., Squash On Fire is building a community around one of the fastest growing sports in the US. With a mission of becoming a center for squash excellence, Squash On Fire and its world-class coaches offer programming for all levels and ages. The beautiful eight-court facility is complemented by locker rooms, a proshop, and personal training gym, as well as a courtside, full-service café and bar, the Upper West Side Café.
Management and Service
- Manage the team of front desk, kitchen and bar staff including hiring, training, scheduling and processing payroll
- Oversee regular clear communications by sharing updates and holding team meetings
- Conduct staff training sessions and quality control checks
- Set an example by providing exemplary customer service through all mediums
- Provide site tours and explain the club as required
- Serve as an engaged ambassador for the space in the D.C. community
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Assistant General Manager to ensure effective and high-quality operations in all areas
- Coordinate facility and technological upgrades and maintenance
- Oversight for proshop and café inventory, including ordering, tracking and sales goals
- Serve as the point of contact for the property management team and other vendors
- Maintain and revise standard operating procedures for all aspects of the business
Events and Promotions
- Work with Business Development Manager and Kitchen Manger to create successful events, cross-promotions and, functions in the space
- Participate in planning meetings, ensure proper staffing, oversight and execution
- Engage with users to build relationships and potential leads to explore in order to develop new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of fiscal management, strategic planning, and team leadership
- Experience in the restaurant, private club or hotel industries a plus
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits offered will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resume to the Will Hopton, the Executive Director, at email@example.com
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as is protected by local, state or federal law.