TITLE: Director of Information Technology
DEPARTMENT: Arlen Specter Center US Squash Center / US Squash
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology, and
Arlen Specter US Squash Center, General Manager
The Specter Center and US Squash administrative offices.
The Director of Information Technology (IT) role is intended to provide leadership and functional oversight of all IT related initiatives and systems for the Arlen Specter US Squash Center (“Specter Center”) facility, operations and events and activities.
US Squash is seeking seasoned, hands-on technology executive to provide technical leadership and advance innovations at the Specter Center. With the new center, US Squash has opportunities to better use technology to streamline operations, dramatically improve the way it serves our clients, and make more meaningful use of data. This appointment is hands-on and will maintain our IT network backbone, WiFI, networking, AV and other infrastructure, servers, and applications. The right candidate may have the opportunity to support larger strategic initiatives within this technology driven organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and functional oversight of all IT related initiatives and systems for the Specter Center facility operations to ensure safety, security, privacy, and other compliance and data integrity requirements.
- Align systems to support visitor experience, CRM, business intelligence, revenue enhancements, and organizational applications.
- Provide operational leadership and proactively ensure the reliable operation of the overall IT back-office and visitor-facing IT environment.
- Identify and satisfy the needs of the various stakeholders, collaborating with functional leaders and management to ensure that the interdependencies between IT and the various functions are well understood with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Full stack development.
- Feature development and coding, including from the ground up with AWS.
- Enhancing UX/UI.
- Help employees and the Specter Center’s constituents use technology to streamline operations, client services and administrative functions, utilize and evangelize organizational applications.
- Establish and maintain IT related Standard Operating Procedures and processes to enhance compliance to regulatory requirements, apply industry best practices, and increase operational efficiency. Ensure that procedures and processes are followed.
- Monitor IT budgets to assess technological performance, including management of internal and external resources, scheduling, and monitoring of activities.
- Support business applications, risk management, data privacy, integrity, and security.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between the Specter Center and all IT vendors.
- Ensure that the IT support is appropriately staffed with personnel of the required skill set and background, especially during marquee tournaments and events.
- Ensure that IT system failures are documented and investigated.
- Foster a culture of compliance and continuous improvement. Provide training on IT system related matters to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and qualify any specialized IT 3rd party support to complement internal skills and capabilities when required.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Optimize IT service delivery and availability targets through effective management, configuration, and proactive monitoring and maintenance of systems. Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery and business continuity approaches including system back-ups, configuration, and recovery.
- Angular 5+, Node JS, SQL and Jira desired
- Experience and functional understanding of large-scale WiFi systems including client support and troubleshooting.
- Experience and functional understanding of video, video encoding, video editing, live streaming production and distribution is highly desirable.
- Experience and functional understanding of public event audio, lighting production and broadcasting is highly desirable.
- Experience and functional understanding of software development tools, version control systems, remote communication, remote access, VPN, web deployment of web apps is highly desirable.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills and the ability to triage, communicate and test to confirm and resolve technical issues.
- Experience leading cross-functional enterprise-level application and data analytic initiatives including CRM and ERP. Retail, sales, and/or fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to influence and positively motivate others; proven success and effective negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of information technology including hybrid cloud environments, virtualized computing systems, network operation systems, Office 365, PCI, and information privacy and security.
All employees must learn and comply with all Specter Center safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.