TITLE: Membership & Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Arlen Specter US Squash Center / US Squash
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Specter Center sales and marketing objectives, promotions and public relations related to the enrollment process for new members. Further, this appointment is responsible for keeping members, stakeholders and the community informed of news, updates and introduction of services and programs by utilizing multiple platforms including newsletters, website, social media, monitors and other collateral.
The Specter Center and US Squash administrative offices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with the General Manager and other Specter Center and US Squash leadership to develop the Specter Center sales and marketing plan and establishes goals to ensure growth in net member and monthly/annual fees.
- Generates and maintains a prospect inventory to support sales plans by acquiring referrals from existing members and via external marketing campaigns.
- Forecasts and manages departmental expenses.
- Recommends and develops collateral in collaboration with the General Manager and US Squash Senior VP of Operations & Communications for general updates and program news.
- Responsible for the formation and function of a Membership Committee that strives to generate prospective new members and increases members satisfaction and engagement.
- Represents the Specter Center in the community to provide awareness and develop a source for prospective new members.
- Collaborates with the General Manager, Program Director and other leadership to ensure new programs are introduced in a timely, effective and creative way to maximize participation.
- Coordinates all aspects of promotions and the enrollment process:
- Prepares and updates all marketing materials.
- Prepares member information packets.
- Meets with prospective members to gather initial information, answer questions and provide tours.
- Extends invitations to candidates following referrals.
- Audits member files to ensure accurate completion of all necessary forms (i.e. member profile, application, waivers, etc.).
- Prepares membership and issues cards (TBD)
- Ensures new members receive a proper orientation and sign-off on Specter Center policies.
- Develops all necessary communications for Member announcements as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Helps ‘tell the story’ of the Specter Center’s community outreach programs and shares successes to the member-partners and key stakeholders.
- Provides special event support for member related functions.
- Provides member services including updating records/profiles, email addresses, processes resignations and category changes, issues guest passes, minor accounting issues, tracks membership growth and sales program results.
- Develop communications, up to and including newsletter and weekly email updates.
- Assist in the development and execution of policies supporting member and spectator safety (including the SafeSport policies), and help enforce all Center operational polices.
- Provide administrative support for other Specter Center departments upon approval of the General Manager.
- Contribute to overall Specter Center and US Squash team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications or equivalent experience.
- At least three years’ experience in membership sales in a club or membership driven business.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience managing a departmental budget.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and various forms of social media platforms. Experience with Desktop Publishing is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary including some evenings and weekends when required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
All employees must learn and comply with all Specter Center safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.