Social Media and Member Services Associate
Role and Responsibilities
The Manhattan Community Squash Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making the sport of squash accessible to as many people as possible. Opening just a year ago, we are a full service squash center, with five new courts, gym, pro shop, and cafe bar all in Midtown Manhattan. With over 300 players, we have an active, diverse membership devoted to community, fun, and high-calibre squash.
We are now looking for a proactive, outgoing person to work with our small but dedicated service team. The priorities for this position are to create both a flawlessly positive, upbeat experience for our members and their guests, and an identifiable, dynamic online presence for the organization.
This is a full-time position, dedicated to working at the front desk, interacting by email and directly with our members, and also being responsible for keeping our social media accounts current and compelling so that members and the general public are aware of our activities, events, celebrations and news.
In addition to knowing how to manage the major social media platforms, the ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, experience in a customer service role, and a “no-problems-only-solutions” attitude, as well as being familiar with essential office software (e.g. Google Suite, MS Office,) and the confidence to learn new platforms (Salesforce, Stripe, Club Locker).
- Front Desk
- Greet members and guests, assist them with questions, signing in, court reservations, booking lessons, etc.
- Monitor the courts and common areas
- Respond to emails and phone calls promptly and professionally
- Correctly update member records and center databases during shifts
- Perform other occasional duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Social Media
- Post/schedule daily, weekly and periodic updates on all platforms to engage our community in activities and events with a view to increasing membership and participation
- Attend special events and document them for social media purposes
- Monitor our social media platforms. Respond proactively and constructively to comments and concerns expressed by our community
- 1-3 years work experience in a formal setting
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A cool head, an eye for details and a bright smile
- Flexibility with timetable. Some shifts start at 6:00am, some end at 10pm
Photography and video editing skills are a plus.
If you think you would be a good candidate, DO NOT submit a resume. Please send us an email (email@example.com) outlining your experience working directly with customers in an office or professional context, managing corporate or professional social media accounts, and explaining why you would be a good hire for our organization.