US Squash has announced the eligibility criteria for the 2020-2021 Scholar Athlete Award. The US Squash Scholar Athlete program recognizes the hard work and commitment necessary for junior players to maintain excellence both on the court and in the classroom. This award celebrates those who embody the values that are central to being a student-athlete.
Applications open June 1, 2021 at 8am EST, and close July 31, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
- Enrolled in High School (9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade) during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Current US Squash membership (as of the application deadline to apply for the award)
- Passed age specific online referee exam
- Meets the academic and squash participation criteria outlined below
- 3.5+ GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the full 2020-2021 academic year
- Weighted GPA’s are accepted
- Transcript requirements
- Includes name of school
- Includes name of student
- Indicates year that classes were taken and grades were received
- Indicates student grade (e.g. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- Provides a breakdown of grade received in each class taken
- Includes grades for the full academic year – transcripts with only one semester/trimester/quarter/period are considered to be incomplete and will not be accepted
- If applicable: Grade conversion chart if school uses non-standard grades
- Applicants are responsible for emailing a copy of their transcripts directly to email@example.com. Faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
- In cases where a school does not provide grades or has modified grading scales due to remote learning, US Squash will request additional information on student academic standard and will evaluate applications on a case by case basis
- Date range: 8/1/20 – 7/31/21
- Played and recorded a minimum of 12 accredited* matches during the 2020-2021 Scholar Athlete participation date range
- Only box league, challenge ladder, team league, event, and tournament matches are accredited for the purposes of Scholar-Athlete recognition – friendly (Club) matches are not counted for Scholar Athlete qualification.
- Defaulted matches do not count towards overall match tally.
- Retired matches only count towards overall match tally if a minimum of 17 points had been scored (combined points scored by both players) before a match was ended.
*To be considered “accredited,” matches must be recorded on the Club Locker platform through a formal organized play (box league, challenge ladder, team league, tournament, event) framework.