The Squash Director position is a unique opportunity for a highly-qualified professional with squash playing/coaching experience and the passion, character, and personality to effectively guide and mentor young people from the EA community.
Our tradition of excellence in athletics is a well-established and important element of our school culture, and our Squash Director will maintain our high standard of excellence. The Squash Director’s work should promote a student-centered culture of growth and support the school’s mission to challenge and nurture all students.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
- Coach Boys Upper School squash team
- Deliver a year-round squash curriculum to Lower, Middle, and Upper School-aged students
- Facilitate and support all operations of our Squash Club with peer Squash Director
- Direct and organize Lower, Middle, and Upper School squash sessions in fall, winter, and spring
- Travel to and from contests with student-athletes
- Recruit student-athletes for application to EA
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for development and athletic achievement in the sport
- Organize and execute all program-related travel according to school protocols and ensuring school guidelines are followed
- Deliver private lessons to EA students and EA Squash Club players
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Entrepreneurial aptitude, experience building all aspects of a program
- Capacity to build a staff, connect with pros, etc.
- Connected with broader squash community (collegiate, club, etc.)
- Ability to be both a “coach” and a “pro”
- Interested in generating increased interest in the sport and attracting new participants
- Understands and shares the school’s commitment to the philosophy of the multi-sport athlete
- Models and upholds The Stripes
Candidates must have proven leadership, communication, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills, and hold a BA, BS, or equivalent degree.
The Squash Director will direct a top-tier squash program, which requires flexibility in working hours, including evening and weekend work.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and list of references in one email with the subject line “Squash Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.