The University Club is one of the preeminent private clubs in the United States. The squash program consists of 650 active members, 6 singles courts, and a doubles court. There is also a small juniors squash program on the weekend for children of members.
- Actively engage membership including events, tournaments, camps, and filling matches.
- Directly supervises the squash staff (squash professionals, porters, locker room attendants) including scheduling, training and job functions.
- Responsible for operating the pro shop and ensuring there is an appropriate inventory of squash related gear and equipment for the membership.
- Responsible for maintaining the facility, including the highest level of sanitation and safety protocols. Includes submitting maintenance, housekeeping and technology work orders as necessary for court repairs, maintenance and general upkeep.
- Works closely with the squash chair and committee to ensure squash department goals are met and members are satisfied.
- Workforce development
- Directly supervises the squash staff (squash professionals, porters, locker room attendants) including scheduling, training and job functions. Promotes a safe and healthy workplace to ensure that all staff are happy and motivated to provide the highest level of service to our members. In times of need, will work with Human Resources to coach employees on job performance and addresses employee complaints and grievances.
- Ensures that the weekly staff payroll is complete and accurate
- Develops safety and sanitation protocols. Furthermore, ensures that staff maintains highest level of sanitation on the squash courts and throughout the facility at all times. Submits maintenance, housekeeping and technology work orders as necessary for court repairs, maintenance and general upkeep.
- Coordinates with engineers to ensure that all repairs throughout the squash facility are resolved in a timely manner
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures as necessary.
- Effectively responds to members’ comments and concerns
- Responsible for organizing and running events, tournaments and camps.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the GM or squash committee when necessary.
- Works closely with the squash chairman and committee to ensure squash department goals are met and members are satisfied.
- Works with Club Management and Squash Committee to create and maintain a high level of communication with Squash members.
- Communicates to members the different phases of re-opening and the specific rules and procedures associated with each phase of our reopening post-COVID
- Responsible for managing and operating the squash pro shop and ensuring there is an appropriate inventory of squash related gear and equipment for the membership
- Works closely with other department heads to facilitate a safe club wide reopening
- Attends department head meetings and monthly squash committee meetings to provide updates on the squash department’s reopening, utilization, member feedback and future events
- Manages the adds, and drops of the program and assigns drawers to members where necessary.
- Manages and creates squash events and tournaments under the approval of the Squash Committee.
Required Qualification: The successful candidate will need to have:
- Minimum of three years playing at the professional level
- Have prior experience running a squash program
- Have coaching experience and certification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand the business aspect of running the Squash Program
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership qualities to grow the Squash Workforce
The Head Squash Pro is a Club Department Head.
The position participates in Department Head events and meetings.
Reports to the General Manager and the Chair of the Squash Committee
Compensation will commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick days
- 401K w/contribution
- Holiday Bonus
- Life insurance
- Long term and short-term disability
- Complimentary employee cafeteria
Interested candidates should email their resume to: