Location: 23 Waterfront Place, Port Chester, NY 10573
We are a high-performance academy focusing on a combination of top performance and fun, offering athletes from all ages the opportunity to work towards their ultimate squash goals or have the most fun calorie-burning workout in an inspirational, exciting sports environment. We are innovating in every way we work with our members and employees, bringing technology into their training and building on an MSquash community to enhance performance, inspiring them to maximize life. We currently have one location in Port Chester NY.
We are passionate about high performance living and the power of play – and we practice what we preach – happy to go the extra mile every day for our members. We believe in everyone’s untapped potential and take a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big in setting goals for our players and don’t settle for the status quo, not for them, nor for the company. We sweat the details. As a team we never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the MSquash experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next.
Never following, always leading, always ready to try new things. We aren’t just a squash academy, we’re a community vested in our players’ happiness and success. At MSquash, there’s energy, humility, authenticity and a team approach in everything we do.
MSquash is seeking a full-time squash coach to strengthen its High Performance Squash Program. Are you a coach who is passionate to help us get the best out of every player in a high performance environment with attention to the love of the game?
MSquash works with players age 4-70, we are looking for the coach who is excited to build our Academy for players of all levels and ages, who love the game and are ambitious to improve. Become part of a team that cares for every player, help us build the program, using the newest training technology around. You will assist us in running the year-round program with group and private sessions, run tournaments and summer camps, do tournament coaching and much more.
The position will be a full-time coach flexible to travel for weekend tournaments when required. We are looking for an engaged, energized person who has about 2-5 year coaching experience, who absolutely loves working with athletes and cares for them from a holistic point of view.
To be inspired by how we work and how we get things done, listen to:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Giving private lessons to players of all ages and standards
- Assisting, preparing and leading team training sessions: physical training, squash training, mindset training for players of all ages and standards
- Tournament coaching and travel
- Tournament organization and other event organization help
- Sporadic help with administrative organization of the center in off peak moments
- Contributing to player feedback reports
- Being a role model and the face of a High Performance Center and promoting our services nation- and worldwide
- Hands-on general help in building out an outstanding High Performance Academy, where the success of the team of coaches and the team of athletes depends on a can-do mentality
- Continuous strategic co-thinking with the team about how we can improve our services and athletes’ performance to remain a pioneer in High Performance training and get the very best out of the people we are working with. This ranges from squash training and performance related topics, to mindset and emotion management training,
- Together with the other coaches taking care of the facility as if it our home
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Strong playing background, 4 years of collegiate squash preferred, professional squash a plus
- Minimum squash skills of US rating of 5 level or higher
- 3 years of club coaching experience is definitely a plus
- Proactive leader – be the example for a group of aspiring young players and command their respect, anticipate situations and bring new ideas to them and the Academy
- Strong communicator, well organized and always on time!
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, strong computer skills
- Good presentation and salesmanship to promote our passion and our sport
- A genuine passion to teach the game to both children who take on the sport as well as to those who compete amongst the very best – be passionate about helping to shape their character and future
- Valid US work visa required
YOUR WORK SCHEDULE
On average 45 hours per week with employer asking Squash Professional to be reasonably flexible depending on demand and events. Tournament weekends are considered as 1 work day
- 1 weekday free per week
- Tue-Fri 1-8pm or 2-9pm
- Sat-Sun 9am-5pm
Vacation: 3 weeks + 8 US Federal holidays
- Competitive Salary based on applicant’s qualifications and experience
Additional benefits include:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K plan
- Complimentary MSquash membership as well as Crunch fitness center membership
- Free training with Professional players during non-working hours
- Complimentary Crunch fitness center membership
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned.
MSquash is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity, and is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal and state law. Individuals must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
IS THIS YOU? GREAT!
Please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com